Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Books >>>> Movie

  1. #1
    Inactive Member stingger's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 2000
    Posts
    654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    If you could make any book into a movie, which would it be any why ??

    I would choose "The Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy" by Douglas Adams.
    Because its been a radio show, T.V. series and book. Plus there would be scope to work more sequals from his follow books.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner Branflakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    2,290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    If they could do a good job, I'd love to see Stephen King's Dark Tower series as a movies(s).

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Ski's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 1999
    Posts
    2,378
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I want to see a dragonlance cronicals movie, with a budget of lord of the rings or more. that would kick ass.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Shifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 13th, 1999
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M Miller Jr.

    Great book.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member stingger's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 2000
    Posts
    654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We are missing abit of one point...Why?

    why would Stephen Kings Dark Tower series make a good movie? and the same to the other books.

    Sorry to knit pick but I did say why...."kick ass" & "great book"...hmmmmm abit more why please.

    Now you all hate me...I shall go to the Dark place
    the place of the shifty cam

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner Branflakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    2,290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Oh, so, you want us to think? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    I'd want the Dark Tower because, like LOTR, I'd like to see a visualization of fantastic world S.K. has created. I'd like to see how close this stuff matches my own mental images. I think it could translate into the movie format, if done with the same careful respect LOTR was. Some stories work well in multiple formats. I think the Dark Tower series could.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •